“…those in power must invent noble lies and pious frauds to keep the people in the stupor for which they are supremely fit..” (Leo Strauss and the Grand Inquisitor by Shadia B. Drury)
As evidenced this week in the latest Romney lie made viral, Mitt Romney proves, again, to have no moral center nor respect for the American people. He proves, again, that the Neo-conservative method of gaining power is his campaign, He proves again he will stop at nothing – no lie too big, too small, too outrageous to be used in order to commit the on-going agenda to promote the plutocracy and destroy the middle class.
From the video of his speech:
He gets handed a lie and runs with it then surrounds it with pandering bullshit (“There are good Democrats who love this country…..” implying that Obama is what? A “bad Democrat” that doesn’t?), ruminating incoherency, and more spin than the front wheel of Lance Armstrong’s bike.
This isn’t new for Mitt, nor for Paul Ryan, his boy toy running mate. Romney was caught in the 2nd debate with his lie about Obama’s comments on Benghazi….
Mitt, apparently, pays attention to talking points more than reality.
In the Rose garden…
and again in Golden, CO, the following day…
While Ryan offered 6 full bore whoppers during his address to the GOP body at the convention…
Here are the most glaring lies from his speech:
1. “A downgraded America.” Ryan blamed the president for the nation’s credit downgrade in August 2011 after Republicans threatened to allow the government to default on its debt for the first time in history. But the ratings agency explicitly blamed “Republicans saying that they refuse to accept any tax increases as part of a larger deal.”
2. “More debt than any other president before him, and more than all the troubled governments of Europe combined.” Romney has made the almost identical claim, that Obama has amassed more debt “as almost all of the other presidents combined.” But their math doesn’t add up: when Obama took office, the national debt was $10.626 trillion. It has increased to slightly above $15 trillion.
3. Shuttered General Motors plant is “one more broken promise.” Ryan described a GM plant that closed down in his hometown, Janesville, Wisconsin, and blamed Obama for breaking his promise to keep the plant open when he visited during his campaign. But Obama never made that promise, and the plant shut down in December 2008, before Obama even took office.
4. Obama “did exactly nothing” on Bowles-Simpson. Ryan said, “He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.” In fact, Ryan was instrumental in sabotaging the commission, leading the other House Republicans in voting against the plan.
5. “$716 billion, funneled out of Medicare by President Obama.” Ryan’s favorite lie is a deliberate distortion of Obamacare’s savings from eliminating inefficiencies. Furthermore, Ryan’s own plan for Medicare includes these savings. Romney has vowed to restore these cuts, which would render the trust fund insolvent 8 years ahead of schedule.
6. “The greatest of all responsibilities is that of the strong to protect the weak.” Ryan closed the speech with an invocation of social responsibility, saying, “The truest measure of any society is how it treats those who cannot defend or care for themselves.” However, numerous clergy members have condemned Ryan’s budget plan as “cruel,” and “an immoral disaster” because of its devastating cuts in social programs the poor and sick rely on. Meanwhile, Ryan would give ultra-rich individuals and corporations $3 trillion in tax breaks.
Then there is the “binders full of women” debacle as Romney tried, during the 2nd debate, to spin the facts of MassGAP and the women’s organizations that actually did all the leg work creating the binders that were to go to whomever won that gubernatorial election (the Huffington Post joined, The Washington Post as well as Salon in reporting the statements of MassGAP and the women who actually were involved in the real process of locating educated and qualified women for positions in the new administration – both before and after the election)…
The 20% across the board tax cut that now isn’t…
The Obama cut production of oil lie…
I have to ask, are voters really buying this bullshit? Apparently some are – those voters who imagine themselves to be in the magical 53% that Romney held out in his more than obvious contempt towards America. They might be surprised to find out Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney care as much about them as the crap scraped off their shoes after walking through an Iowa stock barn…. Maybe less.
Mitt has been caught in lie after lie, rewriting history and his positions, in every speech made, interview shown and all along the campaign trail. Romney hasn’t made a statement that he hasn’t changed; seen a fact that he hasn’t ignored nor heard a lie that he doesn’t promote. To be honest, I suspect it isn’t all Mitt. he just isn’t that smart but he does have his advisers from the Bush neo-conning years.
Sadly, critical thinking seems to get lost while the appeal to hostility and fear has become the prime objective. In the media, on the stage or when given a venue of any kind, Romney and Ryan, like Sarah Palin before them, and Bush and Cheney (with a Rove chaser) before them insure that facts are ignored, history rewritten, lies promoted and frauds perpetrated …
Whatever it takes to best scare the fuck out of people in order to gain and maintain power at all costs.
Because that, after all, is the goal of the “Noble Lie“
The Cosmic Surfer can be found at The Cosmic Surfer-Rantings of a Mad WomanClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 FreakOutNation.com