Dan Senor was interviewed on Morning Joe this morning, and the Romney adviser attempted to explain why his team was handily defeated, even though they were sure they would win. Republicans are trying to put the blame for Mitt Romney’s loss on everyone and anyone except for the complicit party – themselves, their base and the dumbed down MSM.
“I think particularly on right-of-center polling, the modeling was way off,” he explained. If one is vetting solely Gallup (which was mentioned on the show) and Unskewed polls, then yes, there is a problem, but Republicans promptly shrugged Nate Silver off as hyperbolic during the campaign.
So, in a show of bipartisanship, let’s review just a few of the many reasons why Mitt Romney lost. No, it’s not Chris Christie, which some Republicans allege.
It could just be that:
- Mitt sucks so bad, that even his supporters didn’t like him a few months before the election.
- His tax returns were never released, but every excuse known to mankind was, by his entire base.
- Romney thinks that 47% of Americans are moochers, and if you aren’t part of the elite, you are a lazy fuck.
- Romney believes that if you’re buried in student debt, just borrow money from your parents (whether they have it or not).
- While campaigning, he also attended the Olympics to parade his dancing horse around, which was a write off.
- Mitt practically declared war on 5 countries while campaigning against Obama’s foreign policies
- Mitt Romney traveled abroad and embarrassed our country several times.
- Mitt Romney’s 47% remarks also revealed that he thinks that the conflict between Israel and Palestine will work itself out in time — despite Republican rhetoric of intervening, his supporters gave him a pass, because he’s ‘not Obama.’
- Mitt Romney chose Paul Ryan as his vice presidential pick. (need I say more?)
- Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan did not garner the female vote. Silly Romney campaign! They should have listend to us; we said that women could be the game changer.
- Mitt Romney had nothing of substance to offer; his policies involving taxes, loopholes, etc, were only talk. We never saw evidence of anything concrete.
- GOP, make voting easier, not more difficult. We are all American voters; black, white, hispanic, etc. Disenfranchise the people and we rise up.
- Romney surrounded himself with former Bush administration officials.
- Romney pledged to increase military spending by 4 percent of the GDP which would add at least $2 trillion to federal spending over 10 years.
Feel free to add any that I’ve missed in the comments. I’ll be happy to add them to the list.
Paresh (Friend of evil Anomaly’s) has added a few of Romney’s (crazy) statements to the list:
- Let Detroit go Bankrupt.
- I like to Fire People.
- First day I will repeal Obamacare.
- I will close funding to Planned Parenthood.
- Let illegals self deport themselves.