Richardson High School had a genius-y idea to bring in the biggest misogynistic right wing Christian prick they could possibly find to lecture students on how to become ‘dateable’. The students were not pleased.
For the record, this is his actual picture. This is Mr. Lookadoo. And yes, that’s his real name too.
Let’s review some of his advice per his website.
- Accept your girly-ness. You’re a girl. Be proud of all that means. You are soft, you are gentle, you are a woman. Don’t try to be a guy. Guys like you because you are different from them. So let your girly-ness soar.
If you want a date ladies, he advises you to shut the fuck up:
- Be mysterious. Dateable girls know how to shut up. They don’t monopolize the conversation. They don’t tell everyone everything about themselves. They save some for later. They listen more than they gab.
It’s a man’s world and you aren’t shit:
- Let him lead. God made guys as leaders. Dateable girls get that and let him do guy things, get a door, open a ketchup bottle. They relax and let guys be guys. Which means they don’t ask him out!!!
Be needy. By all means be clingy and needy:
- Need him. Dateable girls know that guys need to be needed. A Dateable girl isn’t Miss Independent. She knows we are made for community. Needing each other is part of faith. She allows him to be needed at times, knowing he was called to serve just as much as she was.
Rules for boys. Be a real man, and that means being an insensitive asshole:
- Being a guy is good. Dateable guys know they aren’t as sensitive as girls and that’s okay. They know they are stronger, more dangerous, and more adventurous and that’s okay. Dateable guys are real men who aren’t afraid to be guys.
Stand in the face of fear and say “Ha!” and you will get a date, just like that:
- Face your Fears. Dateable guys will not be controlled by fear. Whatever controls you owns you. Fear is from the enemy and so the Dateable guy stands in the face of it and says, “ha!”
Conquer a few ferrin’ countries and you too can get a date:
- Men of God are wild, not domesticated. Dateable guys aren’t tamed. They don’t live by the rules of the opposite sex. They fight battles, conquer lands, and stand up for the oppressed.
Always bring up God just because:
- Bring God into it. Dateable guys bring God into it. “What would He say if he was talking to me through this situation?” they ask.
Be sure to cover that shit up:
- Keep it covered up. Dateable guys know that porn is bad for the spirit and the mind. They keep women covered up.
So of course students exacted their revenge for having to listen to such fuckery. They’re using the hasghag: #LookADouche.
Are we allowed to ask questions at this assembly? If so, is “fuck you” a question?
— Eric Strange (@eeega34) November 13, 2013
— Meg Colburn (@Megeramarie) November 13, 2013
What are we mad about?! I love being called a vindictive, evil, creature! Someone boss me around because I have ovaries! #lookadouche
— sydney stephens (@stephens_sydney) November 13, 2013
So he’s compared girls to dogs, cars…. What other demeaning/objectifying comparisons will we see next? #lookadouche
— MidAbsentia (@MidAbsentia) November 13, 2013
I just took a look at that Justin Lookadoo site. Boy howdy, lol. That hair is so 80′s. Speaking of dateable… #lookadouche
— ProfB (@AntheaButler) November 14, 2013
— Morgan Caldwell (@Morgan__Andrea) November 15, 2013
Please, for the sake of all that is good and decent, sign their petition to stop the Lookadoo tour.
For the record, I totally flunked his dateable quiz.
If you passed it, I do not want to know you.